Thursday, March 13, 2008

the Integrity, the Hypocrisy, and the Fall...

Okay, seriosly, both of my eyes are already like Cyclops and I really want to end the day and go to bed, but if I keep delaying to write about this, I am afraid that it will be too late. Well, it is not a prophecy nor something like that. I just want to talk a little bit about this guy. Yeah, this guy... New York Governor that is stupid enough of getting caught red-handed while enjoying his moment (I mean, if you want to do something bad, we have to do it smartly and make sure we do it right. And we are talking about power and money that this Eliot dude actually possesses).

The first time I read the story about some New York dude, Eliot Spitzer, getting caught involved in some kind of prostitution ring by wiretap set by federal law enforcement, I thought it was not such a big deal. I was wrong. People make such a big deal, big time, over this issue. I am getting interested because of the fuss that people made around this guy.

For me, I don't care if you are NY governor or a judge or an attorney or a teacher, getting involved with prostitution. Don't get me wrong, I am not supporting the idea of prostitution and such (as me myself is a feminist). It is just prostitution is something that is in our society and it always happen everyday at the backstage of our community. Therefore, I thought that Spitzer didn't have to resign just because he is involved with this because we are all human and we all make mistakes. For me, it was all his own business and people should just shut up and leave everything to his wife and families to punish him.

But again, I was wrong. I know why the general public is pissed by this guy. I found out that this guy talked about ending the prostitution practice when he was a governor. Okay, now this IS wrong, big time. He said to put an end to it, but he did what he told people he would put an end to. That's what hurt the people. He has severed his image, his integrity, trust that people have for him, and he also ruined his family.

if he were caught red-handed getting involved with in a prostitution, but he hadn't had made a statement and vow where he would cease prostitution, he might be able to get out of this mess. As we know that Spitzer is a strict governor, especially when he was an general attorney whose actions were burdens to people in Wall Street. I believe that this incident also caused by people's hatred towards him, whom others may used to call hero. But as a hero, as a person who talked about justice and righteousness, he had a big responsibility upon his life and action. Hero without integrity is not a hero at all. He is a figure that we have to trust and rely on. If he can't be trusted, then we can't rely on him. That's what hurt the people, and that's what his weakness. Without people's trust and support, none can stay on top.

it is a pity, but yes, integrity [and principal] can take you up to the summit, but a failure to maintain the integrity will bring you down, hard. It will definitely crush you, depending on how high you are. The higher, the severer the damage.

Oh yeah, and for the heck of it, let me show you the picture of Spitzer's call girl:


I don't want to make fun of this issue, but I can't resist it lol. Maybe that time Spitzer thought like this: "The Heck! I don't care if I die today, let me do her, hard!" *laugh* because sometimes, at least I do that. "Whatever! I don't care about tomorrow's test, I want to finish this series!" something like that. And I DO face the consequences after that. Okay, enough with the jokes, I believe that his life is destroyed and in ruin now. Now it depends on him, how he will fix it. The scar and the stain will still be there, but it depends on what you do to the scar so that won't ruin your entire life. Let the scar be your rebuke and don't be foolish anymore.



Note: yeah yeah, I do realize and feel that there is a lot of grammar errors. I don't care. Will do better in the next post. Ciao :D

No comments: